MMM Day 8 & 9

5:16 PM 5 Comments A+ a-

2 days of easy dresses, due to the fact that, as of yesterday afternoon, I have 8 grants due by next Friday! Every day for the past few days, we've found out about another grant that we filled application for and were approved for a full app. It's exciting to have all these opportunities but all these grants have such a short turn-around! I'm pretty much moving into my office, sleeping bag and all, in order to get this all done!




Tuesday's dress is from Butterick 5555 (the cat wanted to be involved in the picture). I love the fabric and the pattern separately, but I don't know if I love them together... The fabric is too busy to highlight the bib on the front of the dress. Also I put the collar in wonky. Funny how we always point out the flaws first!




Today's dress is from Burda 7517. I actually love this dress, no complaints. The pattern is easy to sew and I love the ribbons that wrap the body. These two dresses are perfect examples of why I wear dresses most days. I can just throw it on with a pair of heels and go! Great for when I wake up 20 minutes before I have to be at work!

In other news, on Sunday after church I ran by JoAnns to pick up some of the new Simplicity patterns. I bought 2209, 2211, 2212, 2220, 2245 and 2246. I love the Project Runway pattern and think the ruffle dress of the Suede pattern is super fun! I'm definitely making versions of both for summer! I also like the jacket on the "Passport" Lisette pattern (2209) and the long shirt dress on the "Traveler" pattern (2246). The other two patterns are maybe not things I would normally buy but I have this thing about having to buy the complete set... The 2246 shirt dress will be on the list soon!







Back to the grindstone! I feel like I'm being crushed under the weight of my workload this week, but I ordered a new bag and a new suit which should be coming in tomorrow and I just discovered two shirts in my closet that I forgot I refashioned, so two new items to wear this month! Rays of light in the midst of the craziness!


Hope everyone is having a calmer week than me!

5 comments

Write comments
Sewingadicta
AUTHOR
March 12, 2011 at 1:35 PM delete

Although the printed material not see the pattern, I love the dress as well. But the red shoes, Oh my God !!!!! red shoes

Reply
avatar
Dibs
AUTHOR
April 20, 2011 at 2:13 AM delete

Diskette patterns, yay!!!. I'm definitely loving your blog more and more as I read. I also have the burda pattern, but I have not made it yet. It's good to know it looks so good once finished. I hope it looks half as good on me as it does you.

Reply
avatar
Dibs
AUTHOR
April 20, 2011 at 2:15 AM delete

That was meant to be lisette. Am typing from my phone, and its predictive texts galore.

Reply
avatar
Forrest
AUTHOR
April 26, 2011 at 10:14 AM delete

Thanks so much! The Burda pattern is FABULOUS! It's so easy! I think I'll make a few more...

Reply
avatar
Anne Cl
AUTHOR
May 9, 2011 at 12:53 PM delete

Today I bought the burda pattern 7517 and found your great version on the Internet. I really like your dresses!
Greetings from Germany

Reply
avatar